December 01, 2010

Hold my head up high

When I got up this morning, the wind rushed fiercely on the other side of the windowpane, while the sun made the sky sparkle with pink and purple colours. Wind force 7 to 8 gave me a nice skin scrub during my short walk up the dike to IMARES, you can say that again! Despite the stormy weather, I was in a slow-mode this morning. One step at a time and holding my head up high. Letting go of situations that I can't control payed out eventually: I may go to the protected Eems Estuary in Groningen after all - mainly to assist in counting harbor porpoises. Simultaneously, it's also the habitat of the harbor seals of my small research project! So thumbs up - I might go there after all!

Eems-Dollard Estuary Groningen NL - Germany
(Photo by: Nasa World Wind Landsat 7 satellite, Geocover 2000)