July 08, 2016

The story behind the stone structure design in my VIDA voices collection

In my VIDA voices fashion collection new items are added regularly. My first collection is now completed! This collection is about structures in nature, even if you don't recognize the design immediately. The design of scarfs, tops and pocket squares with structures of stones, for instance, is one which might puzzle you. 

The structure I used in these designs is actually a detail from a fossilized tree fern. I collect gems and fossils for years now and I am still very impressed by a slice of this tree fern stem from the Permian period. I believe it to be Tietea singularis from the Arguania petrified forest of Brazil. This particular tree fern grew up to 12 meters in height. About 300 million years ago extensive forests with tree ferns, horse tails and giant lycopods dominated the Earth. Nowadays only a few famous petrified forests of these giant ferns exist, and only some of them are used for legal mining. Pieces of these tree ferns are mostly found in museums. The coloration of the slice in my collection is most exquisite with red, brown and purple colors. Quarts crystals can be found in the small crevices of the slice. And the outer layer seems like a small universe in structure.

http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/products/colorful-stone

http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/products/powerful-stone