February 22, 2021

Story winner on Instagram Challenge about "Macro Abstracts" on Our Foto World

The respected community of Our Foto World has more than 5400 registered followers on Instagram. I love being part of photographic communities to inspire and learn from each other. Global recognition of ones photographic work is important, not only the esthetics but also to really "see" one another. Creativity has no boundaries.

Our Foto World organized a weekly challenge called "Marco Abstracts". In 7 days more than 700 photographs were added from all over the world. One of my photographs is selected in the top 9 as Story Winner! The challenge was worked out as a short story of images. The story was finally published on December 23, 2020.

My chosen photograph shows an ice crystal on my window of my former house. 

One of the curators wrote the following comment:

"What fascinating ice formations. They are so delicate and look almost creature-like. I love that you are close enough for us to see the fine filigree work in the 'tails'. I feel the magic that you can't explain. Mother Nature is the finest artist of all, isn't she? You did, a lovely job capturing her ornamental handiwork!"

Elizabeth Paoletti, curator at Our Foto World.