December 15, 2010

Brilliant pictures by Tabea

On December 3th, we made a fieldtrip to De Cocksdorp for sampling musselbeds. Unfortunately, we couldn't reach the mussels due to the thick pack of ice on the Wadden. Tabea Stier made action pictures of the team - and me!

I am enjoying the morning sunshine on a cold day















The wetsuit and orange gloves look
quite big on me - showing off this
unfashionable look





We planted some sort of flag on this newborn land
of ice and snow

I really believe I can push the pack ice!


















When I visited Spitsbergen by ship, the new Dutch captain of the ship was a bit afraid of walsing through the pack ice, although the ship had a strengthened hull for breaking the thick floats of pack ice. The picture above proves that I am not afraid of pushing the pack ice myself, if I have to!

Thanks Tabea for the fun pictures!