December 14, 2010

Golden light eventually

How am I doing during my internship? Up till now I had one day of fieldwork and I do passionately hope there will be more. The outdoors awake in me a spirit of energy! These first weekends on Texel were therefore reserved for my own fieldtrips to build up my energy reserves and to enjoy the scenery. Like, last Sunday on my way back from De Hors... I had golden light eventually...

Golden light and reflections of clouds on the mudflats
- Mokbaai



That's a golden surprise, when you decide to
climb up the dike!















Well, for my internship plannings are constantly shifting - no visit to the Eems Estuary and Balgzand yet, mainly due to deadlines, weather conditions or that I missed out lately. I do have to say that my mentor Richard Witte and my colleagues are very helpful and enthusiastic, which are valuable assets for the continuation of my internship.

Meanwhile, I have been busy with my camera observation research on harbor seal behaviour - based on video images. My research paper will be mainly focused on group behaviour of harbor seals and the possible relation to group size, in an area with quite some human activity. I do believe this may be a success despite the hard work straightening things out.

So now after this short update, I will continue my story about last Sunday, on my way back from De Hors... in photographs...

Some patience is needed if you are on the road 

Texel sheep with backlight

Golden light on the reed at the Mokbaai
You can see Den Hoorn from here