September 15, 2020

♤ POETRY AND MY FINE-ART PRINT COLLECTION ♤⁣

This time I will be sharing a poem along with my photograph of the autumn forest of Annanina's Rust, Diessen, the Netherlands. Autumn always makes me rethink life and in my photograph it is even hypnotizing. For buying my fine-art print, please go to link  https://www.orbica.nl/fine-art-shop/fine-art-print-collection/ 🍁🍂🍃

"In Autumn⁣
When within ourselves in autumn we feel the autumn⁣
I become very still, a kind of singing, and try to move⁣
like all things green, in one direction, when within ourselves⁣
the autumn moves, thickening like honey, that light we smear⁣
on faces and hands, then touch the far within one another,⁣
something like autumn, and I think when those who knew⁣
the dead, when they fall asleep, then what, then what in autumn⁣
when I always feel I’m writing in red pencil on a piece⁣
of paper growing in thickness the way a pumpkin does,⁣
traveling at fantastic speed toward orange, toward rot, when⁣
in autumn I remember that we are cold-smitten as I continue⁣
smearing red on this precipice, this ledge of paper over which⁣
I lean, trying to touch those I love, their bodies rusting⁣
as I keep writing, sketching their red hands, faces lusting for green."⁣
Copyright © 2017 by Mark Irwin. Originally published in Poem-a-Day on September 22, 2017, by the Academy of American Poets.